What is the French Apprenticeship Tax?
The apprenticeship tax is a compulsory tax for French companies. Its purpose is to participate in financing the development of initial technological and vocational education and training.
It consists of two parts:
- 87% of the funds are used to finance work-study programmes;
- 13% finance initial technological and vocational training other than work-study programmes, including other schemes formerly known as “non quota” or “barème” (scale).
Why pay us the balance of your apprenticeship tax ?
Your contribution helps us to:
- Prepare our students for the workplace;
- Finance visits from the world of work during our annual Careers Week or themed workshops;
- Organise visits to businesses.
Your financial support is essential to support the development of our courses, guarantee the excellence of our teaching and pursue one of our priority objectives: to prepare our students for the workplace. The purpose of the apprenticeship tax is to involve companies in the training of their future employees. When you support Sciences Po Strasbourg, you are investing in training your future employees!
How to pay us the balance of the apprenticeship tax
To pay us the remaining 13% of your apprenticeship tax, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Go to taxe-apprentissage.unistra.fr.
- Step 2: Fill in the on-line form and enter your contact details.
- Step 3: Select Sciences Po Strasbourg as recipient of your tax.
- Step 4: Select your payment method (online payment, bank transfer or cheque). Then follow the instructions depending on the method you have chosen.
- Step 5: The University’s Accountant will send you a tax receipt (tax proof of your payment) including the date and amount of the sum paid.